July 10th, 2019 - From noon to midnight
↗ Maison Jean Vilar, Avignon
Back from the Prague Quadrennial, twelve exceptional hours are programmed: exploration of the "Schools Pavilion", impromptus, meetings, screenings, flash lectures and a party. With Philippe Quesne, curator of the french pavilions at Prague Quadrennial, the students in scenography and many guests. On July 10 from midday until midnight at Maison Jean Vilar, Avignon.
Organised by ARTCENA, with the support of the French Ministry of Culture (DGCA), the Institut français, the Institut français in Prague. With the participation of the eight higher education institutions teaching scenography in France. In partnership with the Maison Jean Vilar and the Union des Scénographes - UDS. With the complicity of the Festival Bookshop.
From midday to midnight
- Exhibition of "The Ninth school", French school pavilion.=
One of the two French pavilions, the truck of the "Ninth School", created by the eight students-= in scenography under the direction of Philippe Quesne, is exhibited. Visit and exclusive program by the team of the Ninth school .
- Original film screenings
"Quadrisequences", 30 mn, film directed by students of EnsAD, Ecole nationale des Arts Décoratifs
"Tour of the Prague Quadrennial with Philippe Quesne", 27 mn, film directed by ARTCENA
↗ Projection room
At 12:30pm - 3:00pm - 08:30pm
- "Trajets buissonniers", performance by Nina Bonardi, EnsAD student, in residence with the Ninth school.
From 01:30pm to 04:30 pm : « Fragments of the imaginary »
Public reading of texts that inspired the creation of the French pavilions.
- 13h30 : The Invention of Morel, by Adolfo Bioy Casares, Readaptation by Céline Atallah, read by Laurent Sauvage.
- 14h30 : Nos cabanes, by Marielle Macé, Éditions Verdier, read by Stanislas Nordey.
- 15h30 : The Mushroom at the End of the World, by Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing, Editions La Découverte, Paris, 2017, read by Gaétan Vourc'h.
- 16h30 : Les Furtifs, by Alain Damasio, Éditions la Volte, read by Laurent Poitreneaux.
At 02:00pm and at 04:00pm
- "Heritage Place and scenographic creativity". Guided tour of the BnF exhibition "Scenographies of the Cloister of the Celestines", on the 2nd floor of the Maison Jean Vilar .
- "Wanderings sounds - Fragments of Prague"
Live broadcast by Lucie and Ariane from the Ninth school (45min).
From 05:30pm to 07:30pm
- Special encounter « Imaginary worlds... possible worlds ? ». Exchange around the inventions of places, utopian scenographies and of subversive modes of representations that allow worlds to be seen and imagined differently. In an era that is both global and fragmented, how to create passages and encounters, to make a community, to inhabit the link to the territory in displacement ? Do the sensory worlds and sensory journeys invented by artists offer spaces of insurrection of the imagination that allow the crossing of borders and come into resistance with the acceleration of the time ?
With Frédérique Aït-Touati, director and researcher at the CNRS, Hubert Colas, director and scenograph, director of the festival actoral, Marketa Fantova, artistic director of the Prague Quadrennial 2019, Sébastien Thiery, political scientist and coordinator of PEROU actions , Philippe Quesne, artist, scenographer and director of Nanterre-Amandiers, Centre dramatique national, curator of the french pavilions at the Prague Quadrennial.
From 12:00pm to 07:00pm
- Festival library : Selection of works on scenography and themes addressed during the Twelve Hours...
- "Dancing Truck" Music mix by Shehrazad and Simon of the Ninth school.
From 09:30pm to midnight
- Concert with a DJ set of the band "Maulwürfe". Three giant moles from the Maulwürfe group electrify the Calade with a set of their owncomposition. Maulwürfe was formed for the creation of Philippe Quesne's piece The Night of the moles